Monday 26 December 2016

The curious case of 'Wiggins' and 'Wacko!'

Christmas day was like a slow motion eating fest and I never thought I would say this, I am not sure I want to eat anymore for a few days. In truth, we were all a bit tired as the girls excitement peaked and they woke up around 2am and opened their stockings from Santa. I have to confess to flagging around tea time. Amy cooked the fry up to finish all fry ups for brunch, followed by high tea at Libby's. All delicious. The girls loved their presents and there are simply too many to list. Anna declared her best swag was a crocheted Dobby and Lucy's 'I came in like a Pineapple' tribute jumper made her purr with delight. The best present was Grandma's, where she adopted a donkey for both the girls at a local sanctuary and the look of joy on their faces was delightful. As the keepers of these two donkeys on loan for a year, we best be paying them a visit soon. 'Wiggins' and 'Wacko' will not know what has hit them once they have met the Hammonds!  Today has been more measured and less tiring as we have spent the morning in the bracing wind and brilliant winter sunshine on Wells beach with Auntie Kate and family. Great to see them and glad Christmas did not go by without us catching up. I am enjoying quiet time in my new man space/office area in the dining room, listening to the football whilst all other Hammonds doze and chill. Next stop cold roast turkey and all the trimmings this evening with Libby and co. Company great as ever, nutritional intake, probably not necessary. Merry Christmas x

No comments: