Sunday 1 January 2017

I love you to the moon and back...

There was a wonderful children's book that Amy used to read to the girls when they were very small called 'I love you to the moon and back'. The short version of the story is a child asking his parent how much they love him, the final answer finishes with the emotionally descriptive and famous tag line that is now used by many parents when asked this question or simply stating their love for their offspring. As we see a new and unchartered year in, not knowing what to expect, how much my girls will change and grow and what adventures and challenges await them. I thought I would borrow this line, as in a quiet moment the other evening and thinking about the joy of another year experiencing, living, facing difficult times and trials together, being loved and with my family, I could not find the words in my head  to describe how to welcome another year simply being part of this family. In those darker moments at night when I can't sleep, I find myself breathless, anxious and sometimes sad, that one day, this journey will end and I won't see another year in with my girls. So, my New Year's resolution this year, is to build on the already amazing life I have, make a real attempt to focus on what matters and get less distracted by all the fuss and rubbish of modern life around me and appreciate that I am truly loved. That is quite a experience and Lucy in answer to your pictorial question - 'I love you, your sister and your mother a whole lot more than that. In fact I love you to the moon and back..' Happy New Year. It will be a privilege to share this year with you all xx

No comments: