Monday 9 January 2017

Our ranks are swelling...

After many years in the footballing wilderness Lucy finally agreed to accompany Anna and myself to a competitive football match at Carrow Road and experience the magic of the FA cup. I can confidently say that she loved every minute of it and at times got quite vocal and competitive! I am pleased to welcome her into the official and exclusive club of 'Hammond canary' fans. Based on her chanting, levels of enthusiasm and excitement, high fiving a complete stranger when the equalising goal went in minutes from the end and her passion throughout the afternoon, she is in the club and welcomed with open arms. Lucy was full of questions about the players the game and football in general. I was really quite flattered, as although I am far from an expert, she seemed to view me as one, which I quietly revelled in. You never know my regular trips to the footy may even become a family affair?!? Anna, was her usual bullish self at the game. As we sat in the Jarrold stand, which is not known for its noise levels, she made it her mission to raise the roof and get the atmosphere going. Allied to another young lady sitting behind her, they could account for fifty percent of the chants in the ground! Another proud father moment. What I really enjoyed was that I shared it with both the girls and would love to repeat the experience again...

No comments: