Tuesday 25 April 2017

A victory well worth waiting for....

Anna has been developing into a good footballer for some time now, but in the teams she plays with is yet to experience the consistent and sweet taste of victory. Today all that changed! She was part of the winning team that took the 'year 3/4 North Norfolk schools champions league' for girls by storm and won all six of their games to come away with the trophy convincingly. Unquestionably the champions! I am just gutted that I did not get to see this, having stood on the side lines and watched many a loss and tried to bolster her with talk of a good performance and progress and improvement as a team. Today she nailed it and I missed it. I had to be careful of Anna's propensity for dramatic licence and having verified it with her teacher as they arrived back, she only went and bloody scored twelve goals during the tournament today! BOOOM! Cue over exuberant, slightly excitable (alright very),  proud and probably embarrassing for Anna dad moment! Who cares. I am going to sing it from the rooftops. Damn fine performance Wiggle and one I would have love to have seen. In the absence of complete details, I got her to describe her best goal of the day and she went with it with much artistic licence and one that could have been scored by Wes Hoolahan himself! Good stuff....

No comments: