Sunday 18 June 2017

What's the best job in the world?

This has long been a debated topic throughout mankind as to what the most amazing job has ever been - astronaut, inventor, prime minister, professional footballer. Today I can end this debate and categorically cast my vote and enthusiastically sing from the roof tops that being a dad is the best thing I have ever experienced. It has been Fathers day today and I have spent the day with my girls in the glorious sunshine (perhaps too hot today) and enjoyed them in all their imperfect, sarcastic, comedic and affectionate glory. We hung out at the Dinosaur park with the rest of Norfolk and splashed, giggled, argued, ate so much ice cream, collected our medals and then spent out in the gift shop. Anna kicked off the weekend of 'pride' when she lifted the 'managers player of the season' for the Fakenham Ghosts Under 9's yesterday. Described by the coach as fearless, organising the last line of defence, a great defender, the way she brings the ball forward is outstanding and 'captain' material. If I am honest I was holding back the tears with a big lump in my throat. I even got to present her with the trophy as the sponsor and got the biggest hug! Lucy got herself up very early and without assistance made me some cup cakes as a present and they are delicious and do not disappoint! Also a day of firsts as Anna just asked me to lift her hair up and do up the chain on her necklace. Not sure I would ever do this for Wiggle! Thank you girls for being you, giving me a great day to put into my memory bank and giving me the privilege of being your dad xx

No comments: