Thursday 24 August 2017

Never going to win parenting of the year award again..

So overcome by the shock of sunshine on our holiday, we enjoyed a day on the beach along with literally thousands of other people and forgot to apply enough sun cream. Or in Anna's case when asked by her dad, forgot to mention she did not put any on her back. This resulted in what can only be described as four sunburnt tourists, looking a bit 'lobster' like after a day in the sun! Anna's back must have hurt, although she did have a very white hand print on her back where she had attempted to put some on or scratched her back. I suppose it would have been good photographic evidence when she rang social services to report her parents! I am still feeling high levels of guilt, as I was so obsessed in winning our sandcastle competition (please see my master piece to the right) that I completely forgot my parenting duties or reminders about the dangers of the sun. I am not sure why I bothered, as Judge Mrs Hammond, bottled it and awarded the joint first prize to the girls for their efforts. Never mind, I will always know the truth and that my sandcastle was by far the best and most elaborate! Despite the sunburn and the loss, I have to declare it was a fabulous day on the beach with my family and one to treasure for a long time...

No comments: