Tuesday 22 August 2017

The great jumper change over...

Despite the continuing inclement weather we continue to have a great time. Sunday was like a wet Autumn day so we hit the cinema and I broke my vow to only wear shorts. Now Monday mostly held off and gave us a day at Tintagel Castle. The weather is so interchangeable at any given time, I have lost count of the times the girls have taken their jumpers on and off. It feels like we have to have at least twenty pit stops a day, to take them out of their rucksacks! One minute we are basking in the glorious sunshine, the next we are driving through fog! Yesterday though treated us to some glorious sunshine and St Michael's mount. I am still miffed with Mrs Hammond though as she managed to get a medal for the castle quiz and I didn't. They were supposed to be for the kids only, but a quick flash of the boobs and flutter of the eyelashes and hey presto a medal came from the enthusiastic guide. To rub in it, she wore it for most of the day! St Ives for the rest of the day with a slightly windy Anna, who had to take her leave outside of the restaurant every ten minutes or so to break wind! I love my girl. Lucy's propensity for mimicking voices just gets better and better as we have been treated to her 'YouTube New York Miranda' for several days and she has nailed it! Just one thing Lucy - 'Don't you Miranda me!' I am started to get that sinking feeling in my stomach that our holiday will end soon and I will be back to work and away again. Four more days to go and I fully intend to make the most of it with my girls..

No comments: