Sunday 29 October 2017

I think she might be a bit too big for Boudicca's chariot now!

I do enjoy a 'date day' with my children. It does sadly work out better if it is just one of them. Being able to spend some time with each of the girls on their own is like magic. Last week, it was Lucy and I who set off for Norwich castle museum and lunch. I have to say the exhibits have not changed in years, but we still had fun! I love Lucy's attentive and inquisitive nature in a museum, her thirst for knowledge  and her interest in finding out about the past. She does not miss a trick and at times has a photographic memory, remembering all the exhibits and facts about each era. She had, however, outgrown some of the interactive areas of the museum, specially for children, such as a ride on Boudicca's chariot. She is growing up into a strong woman, one that even the Iceni Queen herself would be proud of! We did both regress and really enjoyed the colouring in of a castle with ghosts and potion making (I made Anna a sarcastic - 'make you wear a dress' potion!). We chatted and talked rubbish all day or gobbledegook as Lucy would say. I loved my day with my girl and look forward to freeing up some time with Anna in the coming weeks too. xx

No comments: