Wednesday 8 November 2017

Dealing with the youtube generation...

Now I like my peace and quiet and the evenings often pose the only opportunity to wind down and get some grown up thinking time in after a mad day of work and family tasks. With the girl's bedtime getting later and later, this window seems to be getting smaller and smaller. However, strange things have been happening in the Hammond house this week and it is like I am not party to a big secret (by the expression on their faces, you know I am right, they are up to something or so I thought...) All the Hammond women are disappearing earlier and earlier upstairs, leaving me to contemplate my thoughts with relative ease. Something is not quite right. The truth behind this mass exodus and leaving me in charge of the remote controller without any resistance is internet and mobile phone related. There have all disappeared to play on their phones and gadgets is what it is. Antisocial lot! It is really great to see them go off and find their own space, but I am not sure how I feel about this new development as yet. Lucy has been moving into the 'going into her room' space for a few months, but Anna is normally downstairs trying to negotiate more time with us and this has not been the case for a few days. I am away tonight and having had an accident and banged my head this evening and wanting to rest, I could not stop her calling me. Still it was good to talk to her. Confusing times to be a dad!

No comments: