Tuesday 24 October 2017

Spending time together...

Having caught Mrs Hammond for the tail end of her birthday and showered her with the biggest non surprise birthday present ever in her 'Iwatch', I got to spend a great day late last week with the girls on my own. Tip for all those men out there, who do not know what to buy their wife, listen to the very loud hints! We did what Hammond's do best - a spot of fossil hunting, some chips by the sea and then popped into the arcades to win lots of swag. It was so relaxing and just what I needed having missed them terribly last week. No arguments, just a hint of sarcastic banter and two children with a very competitive nature to outdo me and each other in who found the best fossils. Not great hunting on this occasion, but we did find some great ones that other people had left by the beach café! My father/child bonding time continued over the weekend as Anna and I had a football date watching the East Anglian derby in the bistro (with victory). I had great delight in working out and telling Anna that Ipswich had not beaten city since before Lucy was born. 'They're pants!' she said. Can't agree more, local footballing bragging rights are always a pleasure. One more day of work and then more time with Amy and the girls with a long weekend coming up. All I need to lift me up, is time with my girls doing simple things and I am a happy man..

No comments: