Wednesday 15 November 2017

Growing up so fast!

The pace of change in the lives of my girls continues at such a rate that I hardly have time to catch my breath and think it through. None more so than Lucy. Everything if changing so fast. Her level of independence, her insight into the world and she is bounding confidently into new situations every day at school and home. What I have been really impressed with is her discipline has been maintained in a new environment with more distractions and things going on. She does her home work without us pushing her to a high standard, she is walking herself to school in the mornings without drama (almost - apart from the odd phone call when I am in Leicester for example asking me where she has put her gum shield for hockey. I am a parental god and I managed to know where it was hundreds of miles away!) and managing her time and workload really well. I am really impressed with her and her attitude in how she is handling and embracing a massive new experience and change in her life. Of course, the down side is a significant increase in pre-teen strops, emotional reactions whenever I open my mouth or give her an instruction, but you can't win them all!

No comments: