Sunday 17 June 2018

A posh new haircut and the debate about the fringe!

I am sitting up early on Father's day, with a very quiet house and none of my family awake as yet and I was thinking about Lucy's new haircut and how fabulous she looked. Amy has a new haircut too (looking great and dynamic Mrs Hammond). Anna received countless compliments about her hair and heroic saves at a football tournament yesterday. One parent asking her what her hair product was as she has been diving around all morning and it hadn't moved a centimetre! I bowed to family pressure and went to the same hairdressers as the rest of my crew yesterday. I have resisted this for many months and there have been several attempts to get me to go. I am a loyal person and creature of habit and have been going to the same place for nearly twenty years. However, of late they have failed to cope with my awkward hair - I have no real style and it simply needs a tidy up - how hard can it be! I moved to another and that has not worked out. So I relented and I was suitably impressed. Trying to gain recognition for my great haircut (everybody likes a compliment) and feeling smart and handsome, I asked the girls what they thought. I got the stark reply that 'it looked like it always does!' Charming! A bit disconsolate, I decided I was ok with this having witnessed Amy and Lucy bickering and niggling all week about what to do with her fringe! Who needs complicated hair and the pressure to look great. I am what I am and not really going to be able to change that after forty three years on the planet! Lucy does look great though and on Father's day I can beam with pride at my beautiful girl, who on the day of her birth, triggered my amazing journey as a parent over twelve years ago....

No comments: