Monday 2 July 2018

A ten for Wiggle!

I think Amy and I need about three days to recover from Anna's birthday weekend. It was hot and very busy indeed. I find it hard to believe that my baby girl was ten yesterday. She is growing up. I wrote a Facebook post stating that Anna was one of the most bonkers, kind, tenacious, stubborn, complicated and loving people I have in my life. It is a privilege to be her dad and sometimes a bit hard work! I wouldn't change it for anything in the world though. She has been at her emotional and excitable best for the whole weekend, most epitomised by her showboating yesterday with her cousins scoring goals in her new goal in the garden  (great gift Libby). She is full of life and then at times very thoughtful indeed. We celebrated in style watching Harry Potter at the lunar cinema under the stars into the early hours of Saturday. A great fried breakfast in the morning and much time on her new Xbox playing the much demonised 'fortnight', When Anna proudly declared she had three kills, I wasn't quite so sure what to think as a parent at that point! The game is harmless, despite what they say in the press. The difficulty will come with Anna, in trying to reinforce the rules and the limited time she is allowed on the console! Day one and in usual Wiggle style, she already tried to push the boundaries! Best moment of the birthday weekend, was the unveiling of the cake. Amy had deliberately decorated it with pink and all girly, must to Anna's digust! When you cut it open though, it revealed its true colours in Yellow and Green. I would have loved a picture of Anna's face as her mum got her good and proper! Happy birthday Wiggle! Keep being yourself as you are much loved xx

No comments: