Thursday 6 September 2018

An emotional day.....

It's been an emotional day today and I have really felt it. Grandma celebrates her birthday today and sadly it looks likely to be her last. I have not seen her today and will not do so as away working on a project. Pictured to the right on her 80th birthday, I have not been able to take a photo or sadly visit. I saw her last night and things are changing. She looks unwell, the girls came with me and Anna in particular struggled to see the woman she loves coming towards the end. Me too if I am honest and today I have spent the day with a sinking feeling and a lump in my throat. I am very much looking forward to Saturday though and taking the birthday girl out for lunch. I know she will struggle with the fuss and indeed the physical act of getting out of the house, but I am hoping we can all give her an experience to remember, surrounded by people she loves and has helped immensely. I intend to smile, laugh, take the micky and probably even cry. Today is the day to celebrate an amazing life: remember and thank one of the people who taught me the true meaning of the word family. Somebody who has helped me so much and that laid down the foundations in my life that enabled me to be the dad and person I am today.  No move on the house news as our buyer pulled out, so back to the drawing board. We are going to have to be patient with all this and take it one day at a time. There are so many variables in selling the house and preparing for Joan to come and live with us. I am really feeling the pressure this week, as it feels like time is not on our side. Life goes on though and returned to normal today with Amy and the girls going back to school. No obligatory cheesy 'in their new uniform' picture ,as I was not there to take it!  Lucy promised me they would take a selfie, but we will see if she remembered!

No comments: