Tuesday 11 September 2018

Moving buddies!

Our lives our changing each day as we move closer towards real differences in lifestyle, where we live, responsibilities, change of schools, a bigger family and a new adventure as a team. The house move is back on! We have accepted a great offer, more than I could ever have expected (from a vicar, so if anybody is less likely to screw us over and pull out, surely it will be him!). We have also found a fabulous house on a country estate no less, near Downham market. So, if the gods align and all goes well we could be looking at a November move before Christmas! There is a long way to go to make this happen, but I am positive and hopeful that a new and exciting chapter in our lives is really going to happen now. I am immensely proud of the girls and how they are handling the situation. The more we talk things through, the more they are slowing showing us a really mature attitude towards change. Don't get me wrong they have had their mini melt downs in the last few weeks, with Lucy in particular worried about moving schools. I have seen a calm in them in the last few days, perhaps even acceptance and some emerging excitement! It is not easy to get children to understand such a complex decision to completely up sticks and take a new direction, all be it not that far away, but it means real change for us all. I am excited and quietly enjoying seeing Mrs Hammond's joy at researching furniture and décor, doing what she loves. (Just don't tell her I love when she gets into project mode, her eyes light up, I only start to have issues when it costs me money and reality kicks in!!) Times are a changing, and I have to say I quite like it. I think I am ready for a new home and being part of a new community as well...

No comments: