Friday 21 December 2018

Goodbye to a gentle soul...

Today didn't quite pan out how I envisioned, our first day of the holidays with all of us together. After a short illness we had to say goodbye to Inky. This morning, in Amy's arms with a kiss, a cuddle and some chatter about eating cat poo and chasing rabbits, Inky drifted off to sleep not to wake up again. The decision to have her put to sleep was not a hard one, as she had become unwell very quickly in the last week and I could not bare to see such a gentle and kind soul suffer. This evening our family feels very heavy and sad. We have lit a candle for our wonderful family pet and it will glow for a long time. Inky and I may have not always seen eye to eye, mainly due to her continence and my regular treading in her pee in the early hours of the morning!  I am not sure however I will ever come across an animal with such a kind nature. For that I am grateful to have had her in my life and we will all miss her terribly. Rest in peace 'Stink Bomb' and may you enjoy many a cat poo feast in heaven. No more pain or discomfort. It was a pleasure to share three years with you and we can feel proud that we gave such a lovely creature happiness after clearly what was not the best of starts in life. Good night lovely girl and forever in our hearts xx

No comments: