Friday 27 December 2019

Making new traditions...

Christmas 2019 was never going to be an easy one. It was always going to be a bit emotional, a bit tough and a bit bittersweet. You know what, it's been truly lovely, calm and some important family time together. Christmas Eve marked the anniversary of me going into care and a hard day last year, when the syringe driver went in and Auntie didn't speak again. Such a conflicting day for me and I woke up upset and struggling to get through it. Then Amy and the girls did something wonderful;  they gave me some gifts to celebrate me arriving at Berry Hall. A new tradition. This lifted my soul, my heart and then the world really did not feel so difficult, knowing all three of my girls had my back. We have had a busy festive period, Amy cooked an exceptional meal, Granny and Grandpa, Kate, Stu and the girls all joined us for a relaxing day. Anna has not got out of her Grinch onesie for days, even dog walking in it! Watching the girls open their presents is all I need, you can pause the world at that point and I'd be good. This is what it is all about and simply spending time with family. Mrs Hammond did well and is sporting a handbag the size of Narnia! I loved my gifts and my 'kindle' is going to be my next step in recovery and learning how to relax and read again, once I work out how to use it!! It's a space I have rarely found in some time. The days did not come without tears, and I found it all a bit much as we sat down to our main meal, but received multiple hugs from wider family and that set the world right again. I will not forget this year, the hurt, the pain but most of all the love from my family that has got me through the most difficult of times and I'm coming through onto the other side. Merry Christmas Hammonds x

No comments: