Wednesday 18 December 2019

Roast potatoes got better in heaven recently I hear.....

The tree is dressed expertly by Mrs Hammond (nobody else is allowed to contribute - something to do with artistic licence!!!), the rest of the house is festive, all the presents are wrapped and metaphorically under the tree using colour coded paper. Well nearly, I am just a bit behind. Swag has been purchased for Amy, but I have not yet wrapped anything, mainly as I am very nervous about not using the right wrapping paper for each relevant present and I simply have not had time yet. I will nervously complete at the weekend. Just a few more days grind to get through and the Christmas holidays will begin in earnest for me. I need this break. I have such conflicting emotions about Christmas this year after loosing Grandma at this time. I simply don't know where that year has gone. I am determined to, if slightly anxious to be positive, and enjoy my family and if I remember Grandma it will be a flash back to those massive Berry Hall Christmas trees, the amazing and generous gifts, family everywhere and the sense of belonging in a family I had. Christmas is all about this, family and being with loved ones. Christmas Eve is going to be hard, so very hard, as will the 29th too. I have the love of my family, I am slowly moving forward and there are many important people in my life to share and even enjoy the festive period with. Merry Christmas to my lovely girls and a heavenly one to Auntie Joan, Uncle Pete and Auntie Doris. I hear the roast potatoes up there in the skies have improved in the last year or so! xx  

No comments: