Sunday 13 September 2020

Take a bow Anna Hammond!

I can probably and often be accused of parental bias when it comes to Anna's goalkeeping exploits, but in today's game there is no shying away from the fact she put in a monumental effort in the face of adversity and produced some wonderful saves. The team collectively did not have their best of days and these are the games when under pressure, with her back against the wall, that Anna shines. Some of the stops were nothing short of remarkable and I really do admire her courage and fearless nature on a football field. She's not afraid to get hurt and this is a quality I hope will stand her in good stead in later life. In the last two games I have seen some real progress in her goalkeeping. Granted she has a natural athleticism and a taste for the heroic stop, but she is maturing and improving in all aspects of the position in her distribution, coming for crosses and becoming more vocal with her defenders. Another really memorable morning in these strange times to put in the parental memory banks. I have loved watching her again after lockdown measures were reduced. I'm desperate to continue to have this time with my girl; it has done me so much good to have this important thing back in my life again, and pray every day that the current situation, which is escalating with a continuous rise in infections again will not be taken away from us again in the coming weeks. I am sadly not hopeful. Thanks Wiggle for bringing your dad some Sunday morning joy xx

No comments: