Monday 7 December 2020

Survived another weekend of single parenting (or more importantly the kids did!)

With Amy away this weekend for her course, I was left in charge of the household for three whole days! What could possibly go wrong?!? The kids would be well supported and have a stable diet of course! It was a manic few days as parent, shopper, lift giver, football dad, artistic director (all be it a temporary position in Mrs Hammond's absence) in getting all the decorations up. I achieved all and more, even squeezing in a couple of films with Anna, breaking down and spending three hours stuck in the car with Wiggle and got to witness a heroic penalty save. Lucy caught up with an old friend and you could see the positive impact it had on her. Its been months since they got together and friendships are even more important at this time. The house is feeling festive, the girls are opening their Harry Potter and Marvel pop calendars with excitement and I think I nailed this weekend. Apart from one thing, I could not prevent Anna sneezing in her mask with hilarious results whilst out and about!. Lucy and I did have quite a titter. Mrs Hammond is home, we missed her and normal service and the way of things is resumed, with me reverting back to clearing up after everybody! Only seventeen more sleeps till Santa comes, unless he's self isolating and then.....😄

No comments: